Here's a somewhat curated recommended reading list for your #BlackLivesMatter and anti-racist education.
We'll be delving into these ourselves; let's learn, grow, and keep the conversation going.
- Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me) by Carol Tavris
- Between the Wolrd and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- I Am Not Your Negro by James Baldwin
- Eloquent Rage by Brittney Cooper
- How Nonviolent Struggle Works by Gene Sharp
- The New Urban Crisis by Richard Florida
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Toxic Inequality by Thomas M. Shapiro
- Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo and Michael Eric Dyson
- Me and White Supremacy by Robin Diangelo and Layla Saad
- The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
- The Skin We’re In by Desmond Cole
- Policing Black Lives by Robyn Maynard
- I’ve Been Meaning to Tell You by David Chariandy
For an even more comprehensive list, check out this link.
Thank you, Cathryn, for letting us share your list of recommended readings.
Thank you, Matt, for adding to our list.
We stand with our Black sisters, brothers, and nonconforming folx.